Learn from your mistakes

As you may recall after the Brighton 10k I struggled to get back into training. While I hadn't been getting the best of sleep I did wonder whether my slow recovery was down to the fact that I hadn't got some decent nutrition inside me immediately after the race.

After Sunday's Crowborough run, following the advice I had read last month, I managed to pick up a sandwich and some chocolate milk from a supermarket, well within half an hour of finishing the race. While I felt a little stiff yesterday, today I have not been feeling lethargic at all and even felt energised enough to have a swim this morning. By the time it gets to Turbo Training tonight I may feel differently but so far it looks like the BLT and chocolate milk have done the trick. You live and learn.

Comments

The greatest hits...