Winter wonderland

Last weekend my blushes were spared by the fact that Saturday's run, swim and core sessions were officially cancelled due to the weather. However I managed to get down to the gym and swim a few lengths and also ran home in the snow so my training wasn't too badly affected. And I did manage to get out on the sledge without breaking my leg.

Cool Runnings
Unfortunately the continuing winter weather meant that I wasn't able to make it to Tuesday's turbo training but I was a good boy and did the session at home. Anyway, enough about last week - this weekend it'll be business as usual in the pool but Sunday also sees the start of the East Grinstead Triathlon Club Winter GP. This is a series of events over the next months to give us competitive practice before the racing season officially starts. Ranging from timed swims to bike time trials it all kicks off with a 6.25 mile crosscountry run at Nonsuch Park in Epsom (known as The Perch and organised by Epsom Oddballs Running Club) and culminates with a Sprint Triathlon in April.

As well as creating a bit of friendly competitiveness amongst the club members it also helps to gauge progress made from one season to another. The end result of this is a club trophy awarded to the male and female who have given the best performance throughout the GP but also those who have showed the greatest improvement in cycling, running and swimming.

While I won't be troubling for the position of Top Dog in the Winter GP I'm hoping that I will have shown enough improvement in one of the three different disciplines to be in contention for one of the other awards but that's down to my fellow EGTC club members to decide. The campaign starts here!

Comments

The greatest hits...